Steady Rest Type 2 - 12 inch/10 inch - Amazing Steady Rest
- Product Code: Amazing Steady Rest Type 2 - 12 inch/10 inch
- Availability: In Stock
Amazing Steady Rest Type 2 - 12 inch/10 inch
I have completely redesigned the Steady Rest with features not found at this price range.
You need a steady rest if you turn long thin spindles or hollow taller vessels. You can't use the tailstock during hollowing and the piece is prone to being pulled off-center if the chuck slips even a little bit. Steady rests prevent that.
Using a steady rest eliminated most all vibration and chatter on thin spindles. When the wall on a bowl gets thin it tends to vibrate and rough cuts are the result. A steady can eliminate that vibration and give a much better finish cut. With taller vessels further away from the chuck, the more leverage works against you and the more likely you are to pull the vessel off-center. It doesn't take much to make a huge difference in concentricity.
- I have re-designed these steady rests for strength and accessibility.
- They open completely by removing one bolt and loosening another.
- All adjustments are toolless.
- The bases are all 80/20 extruded aluminum, are 1 inch thick and 3 inches wide with multiple channels to mount accessories.
- The wheels are all equipped with dual ABEC7 bearings.
- If you turn a lot replacement wheels are widely available for $5 to $9 each including new bearings.
- 3 Sizes are available to fit most size wood lathes up to 20" - (10/12, 14/16, 18,20)